Wondering How to create a coming soon page? Well if the answer is yes, then we are here to help you out. A coming soon page turns out to be the most important page for those websites which is going to launch after a couple of weeks later. It helps you to create an online presence from day one and has some of the other importance.
However, when it comes to creating a coming soon page, most people find it a difficult job. But trust me it is not. As we are creating our WordPress and the best part of WordPress is that every task is possible via Plugins and the same goes for the coming soon page.
To create our coming soon page, I am going to use the Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode plugin and you must be thinking why did I pick this plugin instead of the other ones? Well here is a quick answer to this question:
Introduction: Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode
Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode is one of the most easy-to-use coming soon page builders out there. The plugin is available as a free and premium version and comes with quite a lot of features. The plugin can be used to create a coming soon page, maintenance page, or landing page.
The plugin is extremely flexible and simple, and it works with all the WordPress themes and plugins out there. What’s more? Well, it offers you full control over the front end of your coming soon page and allows you to edit each and every aspect.
Furthermore, the plugin easily gets integrated with email clients like MailChimp. So you can collect emails from your users. Also, the plugin is SEO friendly. However, to make you understand the plugin in a better way, let’s talk about the features in a detailed way:
Top Features of Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode
- The Pro version of the plugin comes with 70+ themes, 26+ Instagram filters, and 47+ spectacular content animations.
- The plugin works with all the WordPress themes and plugins.
- You can customize the theme completely. From changing the background color to cover image, fonts, the logo you can do everything.
- The pro version of the plugin comes with 650,000 premium images.
- You can customize each and every element of the coming soon & maintenance page.
- You can preview your coming soon page before publishing it.
- The theme is extremely SEO friendly. As a result, you will be able to submit your website to the search engines from day one.
- The best part of the plugin is that it comes with a simple drag and drop page builder which is easy to use.
- You can add custom CSS and HTML to the coming soon page.
- Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode is compatible with email clients like MailChimp.
- It also comes with full GDPR compliant API support.
- You will be able to track your visitors using Google Analytics.
- It comes with 800 Google Fonts available to fit any design
So those were some of the top features of the Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode. Anyway, now let’s talk about our main question which is How to create a coming soon page. So here are all the steps that you have to follow:
How to create a coming soon page?
Step 1: First of all you have to download the Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode plugin. You can download the plugin from its official Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode website. Alternatively, you can do it directly from your WordPress dashboard.
Step 2: After that simply install and activate the plugin and you are done.
Step 3: Now go to the Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode settings dashboard.
Step 4: Now on the left side of the screen you will find all the settings. So let’s start with the first one which is SEO. In the SEO tab, you have to add your focus keyword, the title of your website, a meta description, favicon, social preview image, and other settings. Once you are done with everything save the changes, you have made, and you are cool.
Step 5: Then move to the Themes section. Over here you will find all the themes available on the plugin. Simply select the one that you like and activate it.
Step 6: After that go to the Design settings. Over here you will be able to set up your website using the drag and drop website builder. Simply add the widgets that you want on your coming soon page and save the changes.
Step 7: For emails, you have to go to the Autoresponder and email settings. Over here simply enter the MailChimp API and do the necessary settings and you are all done.
Step 8: If you want to do some of the other settings, then you can simply go to the access and advance tab. From there you will be able to set custom login URLs for your website or add custom HTML and CSS.
Step 9: In the end, simply preview your page and save all the changes. Then from the top simply switch on the coming soon page, and you are all done.
The free version of the plugin may not offer you the best solution. So if you have a budget to invest in a coming soon page plugin this is the only plugin where you should invest your money.
There is no doubt that the plugin is extremely easy to use and offers you a hell of lot of features that other coming soon page lacks. Anyway, if you have any more questions to ask, then do feel free to leave a comment below and we will surely help you out.