Are you looking to get yourself enrolled in an online learning platform?
If yes, then here are the top 5 Masterclass alternatives and competitors.
What is a Masterclass?
The Masterclass is the San Francisco-based online learning platform for professionals as well as students who want to learn something new from the most inspiring artists, leaders, celebrities, etc.
Masterclass offers you courses from well-known professionals who are experts in their respected fields and who teach you the art of being different and standing out from the crowd.
Most of the instructor’s videos range between 5-15 minutes which can easily be grabbed by any person without getting bored.
Masterclass comes with the annual subscription plan with a 30-day money-back guarantee for the ones who didn’t find the courses helpful.
List of Masterclass Alternatives and Competitors:
Now in this article, I will tell you about the alternatives to the Masterclass which are as follows:
Skillshare is an online learning platform that comes with hundreds and thousands of courses for creative and curious people. Skillshare includes on-point illustrations and courses on freelancing and entrepreneurship, photography, fine art, and many more.
With nearly around more than 30000+ courses, Skillshare contains everything which you can think of.
Skillshare helps the individual to make an impact on their profession and keep upgrading and learning new things. This online platform also allows us to teach and earn by creating our own courses.
Features of Skillshare:
- It helps in networking by which we can connect to many people on the same platform.
- Advanced and Quality learning courses help you to be a step ahead of others in the field.
- Good learning support by the team of Skillshare.
- Ideal for the instructors with a less intricate approach
- Membership discounts are available if you opt annually
- Offline viewing of the courses for a premium subscription.
- Projects available for students to learn expediently
- Available in the form of an app so you can learn or create anywhere you want.
Pricing of Skillshare:
As Skillshare runs on a subscription model you can pay the monthly amount or Annual amount for the subscription.
You can choose Starter, Enterprise, or Revive plans. The Starter plan costs you $159 per user for one year. Whereas the Enterprise and Revive plans can be customized depending on your budget and requirement.
Udemy is one the best and well known online learning platforms that come with more than 1,85,000+ courses to opt for. The presence of Udemy comes into existence because of the reasonable and affordable courses.
Udemy offers you a large number of courses in almost every possible field you can think of. Udemy has so many categories to choose from such as Business, Development, IT & software, Accounting and Finance, and many more.
Udemy provides courses to individuals as well as instructors and trainers to create and host their own content.
Features of Udemy:
- Many free courses are available to learn and boost your skills.
- Affordable and handy courses.
- One of the biggest and growing e-learning platforms.
- Certification of course completion but only the purchased one. Hence the courses are not accredited officially.
- Lifetime access to any course which you opt for.
- 30 days refund policy if you find that the course was not helpful enough.
- Well-known online learning platforms which come with more than 1,85,000+ courses to choose from.
- Course price fluctuates very often.
Pricing of Udemy courses:
The price of the courses on Udemy is known for their affordability which usually ranges from 11.99$ to 199.99$ and many a time the offers run in which you can get
the course at a more reasonable rate.
Coursera is a Powerful and most reputed online learning platform. Coursera offers more than 7000+ courses to you. Free 7 days trial is available on the given learning platform.
If you are searching to start your career, develop your skillset, have better job opportunities, etc. then this is the place for you to get started.
Coursera has partnered with more than 200+ renowned and biggest Universities in the world. You can learn from any corner of the world without going there personally.
Get unlimited access to over 90% of courses, Projects, Specializations, and Professional Certificates on Coursera, taught by top instructors from leading universities and companies.
- With Coursera, you will be able to learn from the instructors who will guide you throughout the course, unlike other online learning platforms.
- A vast range of courses which will help you to choose from what you want easily.
- With a single touch on the selected course, you will be able to view the course details and instructor details. Also, you will get to know about the fee structure of the course.
- There are over 7000+ courses available for you to choose from.
- Coursera is partnered with more than 200+ Universities and institutions across 29+ countries. Well-known universities like Michigan University, Yale University, Pennsylvania University, Princeton University, and many more big names you will find.
- Provides certification of the offered courses from the world’s biggest universities.
- 80-90% of learners give a 5-star rating for what they learned from it.
- 7 days free trial available with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Many courses are available which are free to get the knowledge in the field you want.
Many guided projects will help you learn the concept more precisely, Average hour time will be 1-2 hours. The cost of which starts from 9.99$.
Professional certified courses are available with an average time duration of 1-6 months. The cost of which starts from 39$ USD per month.
Specialization certified courses are available with an average time duration of 1-3 months. The cost of which starts from 39$ USD per month.
Then come the Masters and bachelor’s degree with an average time duration of 2-4 months. The cost of which starts from $9,000 USD.
Universities issued Mastertrack certificates credited towards degree with an average time duration of 4-7 months. The cost of which starts from $2,000 USD.
Linked learning is the subsidiary of LinkedIn which they made for the ones who want to get upskilled and do better, which also helps to build their career.
LinkedIn Learning gives you a faster way to learn and apply your skills and get the desired output. LinkedIn Learning offers more than 16,000+ courses in business, IT, etc. to you in around 7 languages. Also Free 1 month trial is available on the given learning platform.
LinkedIn Learning offers/recommends you the courses according to your skills and interests in the particular field.
- Access to over 16,000+ expert-led courses
- You can cancel the subscription anytime as the first month is free.
- You will be able to get a certificate when you complete the course.
- You will be receiving course recommendations from the instructors tailored to you.
- You can use project files and quizzes to practice while learning simultaneously.
- View courses anytime on your computer or phone whenever and wherever you want.
- Once you are enrolled in the course you can download and view the course videos offline too.
- There’s no accredited certification; you will just get the course completion certificate.
LinkedIn Learning offers certain options for you to pay for the courses.
You can pay for individual courses for which the price varies from 20$ to 50$, which have a 30 days refund policy.
The monthly membership comes with 16000+ courses, which will cost you around 29.99$ a month and comes with a free trial. You can also sum up as 239.98$ as calculated for 12 Months.
Then there comes the My Team plan for which we have to contact them through the website itself for the quotation.
If you are looking for a formal educational online platform then this is the place. edX provides you with more than 3000+ courses and 300+ programs.
It is associated/partnered with more than 160+ Universities all over the world, which includes the top Universities like Berkeley University, Harvard University, Boston University, and many more in the list.
At present edX has more than 34 million+ enrolled worldwide, representing every country, and more than 100 million+ enrollment across the edX courses.
- edX provides verified certificates on completion of its courses.
- Great platform for professionals and learners who want to learn something new and upgrade themselves.
- 14 days refund policy if you are not satisfied with the courses.
- Provides you more than 3000+ courses to opt for.
- Associated with the world’s top universities such as Harvard, Boston, etc.
- edX user interface in which you can learn at your own pace and can si=ubmit anytime you want.
- Detailed course description which will help you choose and understand what the course is offering.
- eBay and simple to use, not much complex.
Some of the courses are related to the given fields:
Pricing of edX varies depending upon the course you opt for.
Overall if we talk about the Online learning platform these are the best top 5 alternatives for the Masterclass. Each platform offers something new in respect of learning and upgrading yourself to get ahead in your professional career.